Nuget can be used to include just code files, all the javascript, css and html
nuget packages would fit into that category.

Regards
Nathan

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 09:17:38 +1100
From: Greg Keogh <gfke...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Code snippets
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>

Hi guys, I'm pretty sure I want this "thing" to work at the source code level,
not at the binary reference level. I said I could put all the snippets in DLLs,
but I would finish up with dozens of them, each contain maybe only 10 lines of
code (I have my own local Nuget package source for testing).

This mention of SVN externals and Git modules sounds like it's heading in the
right direction. I personally avoid Git (that's another story), but I a quick
search about Mercurial "externals" or "subreprositories" shows a few confusing
overviews
<http://www.fogcreek.com/kiln/training/using-mercurial-subrepositories/>
that might clarify it if works the way I want. I'll report if I find anything
useful. It'd be great if you could something like this, but this is where I
suspect a VS extensions would be required to implement it.

#region Snippet: My Snazzy Snippet
:
// code would be "included" here
: