 From: "Scott Barnes" <scott.bar...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 7:30 AM
To: "ozDotNet" <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: Microsoft acquires Xamarin
License is free if you can live with the unity logo as a splash screen and
for mobile app devs the prof edition is a bit of an overkill. You also
would want to target mono subset 2 as it actually has less mono bloat
(performance profiling crap even etc)
 Unity3d is one huge IoC as you also don't get framework overheads (ie you
start with a gameobject which is similiar to a null, you then make additive
behaviour additions to suite your need). Binding is different to mvvm as it
makes a lot of the plumbing in mvvm redundant give its natural IoC state (I
made the mistake trying to drag mvvm into the equation only to realise I
gained little)

 Material is easy enough you can grab some exisiting libraries others have
made via asset store or roll your own.

 I made a "style" class that automatically configures it's visual states
based on what it's attached to, so it's like baking a resource dictionary
first then dropping it into a control or object in which it the knows which
levers to pull in order to achieve the intended visual result (ie t-shirt
size font settings, colours, button sizes etc)

 Animations are controlled via the powerful mechanim (which is used for 3D
character state switching but is also perfect for 2d). It actually lets you
visualise the animation lifecycle whilst giving you the ability to "stub"
your animations to circle back to later should you wish so (it's where I'd
prefer Blend to have headed to be honest)