From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of noonie
Sent: Wednesday, 1 March 2017 8:10 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: XML files served by Azure Websites

Greg,

This discussion:-

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4832357/whats-the-difference-between-text-xml-vs-application-xml-for-webservice-respons

Seems to indicate that it's more a client issue. Your server response header is
setting the content type to text/xml but not the charset but and though that
should be good enough for modern clients, that read the xml document encoding
and honour it, some might  still use the default us-ascii. It may be possible
that the feed validator is is just being "picky".

IIS should let you set the charset on that content type so the feed validates.

https://forums.iis.net/t/1155439.aspx

--
noonie

On 1 March 2017 at 19:04, Greg Low (罗格雷格博士)