You go girl!

Tania

   _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Megan & Larry
Sent: Sunday, 4 February 2007 10:45 AM
To: ozmidwifery
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Marvellous mothers milk

Thought you might enjoy a story on my breastmilk curing my sons eye
infection.

My 7 year old has an infection in a gland under his eyelid and after an
initial miss-diagnosis of conjunctivitis by a GP, I discovered a sore on his
inner eyelid. (mothers make better GP's sometimes)

Another appt at GP's and was offered a 6 day course of antibiotics or bathe
the eye every half hour with salt water and wait and see.

I had already told GP I had started using breastmilk in his eye, to which
was the expected blank look and no further mention.

So off I go with script incase and home to bathe away with my milk.

After doing this all day yesterday, my son's eye is drastically better and
with further care today, all will be healed. No antibiotics and a win for
breastmilk.

I plan on writing this GP a letter telling him that I used breastmilk
instead of salt water or antibiotics and perhaps in future he may consider
it a worthy treatment.

To support my "non-scientific" therapy is there any articles spelling out
how this can work which I could include in my letter?

(Of course mothers have used their milk for treating eyes and whatever else
forever)

Thanks in advance

Megan

1:30 AM