Have you considered using SSRS or Excel?

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On
Behalf Of Uzma Naz
Sent: Friday, 17 June 2011 6:08 PM
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com
Subject: SharePoint List Reporting/Query

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could assist me with a solution I want to
create without heavy coding.

I have multiple lists over multiple subsites. These lists are all the same
and in essence, have subtotals and costings.

I need to create a general report or a page which will summarise totals of
ALL lists.

I can either move all lists to one site so that I can re-use columns and
calculate totals that way but have seen that I can use XML, SOAP, CAML and
a variety of other methods to leverage a SharePoint list.

I am not sure what method I should use to re-use SharePoint lists for
reporting purposes. I may even look at 3rd party add ons if someone has
already catered for this!

Your help will be much appreciated - brainstorming in numbers always
helps!

Uzma