Hi Guys,
I am trying use people picker control in custom page layouts and the issue is
the user details are not saved during the page save.
The approach I am taking is
1. Created a Custom Content Type with the following field
<Field ID="{F329220E-5953-4FD1-88B0-74B0CC1338B2}"
Type="User"
Name="ContentCustodian"
StaticName="ContentCustodian"
DisplayName="Content Custodian"
Group="xxxx Page Content Type Custom Fields"
Required="TRUE"
UserSelectionMode="PeopleOnly"
ShowField="Name">
</Field>

2. Did the Content Type binding with Page library

3. Add the SharePointWebControls:PeopleEditor control to the custom page layout
as below
  <PublishingWebControls:EditModePanel ID="EditModePanel12" runat="server"
CssClass="edit-mode-panel">
                 <SharePointWebControls:PeopleEditor ID="ContentCustodian"
runat="server" FieldName="ContentCustodian" Title="Intranet
Custodian"></SharePointWebControls:PeopleEditor>
 </PublishingWebControls:EditModePanel>

The issue as I mentioned earlier is when I save the page the 'ContentCustodian'
information is not saved to the page property.
I can confirm that the page content type binding is correct and I can update
this field when I edit the page properties.

Can anyone letme know whether I am missing anything or should I need to use
anyother control than SharePointWebControls:PeopleEditor ?

Thanks,
Prahsnath