So why not create a site collection feature and activate it, then new subsites
can just inherit.

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Dan Sheedy
Sent: Thursday, 7 July 2011 9:36 AM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Re: Site definition and a stapled feature's scope

Yep, a new content type and list def.

Not in this case. The site collection already exists.
On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Paul Noone
<paul.no...@ceosyd.catholic.edu.au<mailto:paul.no...@ceosyd.catholic.edu.au>>
wrote:
You want to activate a site collection feature when a subsite is created?

Wouldn't it be simpler to provision the site collection first with everything
it needs?