From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Paul Noone
Sent: Wednesday, 18 January 2012 2:40 PM
To: ozMOSS (ozmoss@ozmoss.com)
Subject: Multiline field - parse error with hidden paragraph character

Hi all,
I'm trying to update a multiline (plain) text field from a custom control that
uses an ASP TextBox.  Everything works fin until the user includes a carriage
return in the entry.
>From experience, SQL usually handles this automatically but it seems
>SharePoint wants to convert these special characters first.
Is this expected behaviour, or does anyone know a standard method to cleanse
the text first?
e.g. Replace(MyColumn,char(13),'\r\n')
Kind regards,

Paul Noone

Online Developer/SharePoint Administrator
Infrastructure Team, ICT
Catholic Education Office, Sydney
p: (02) 9568 8461
f: (02) 9568 8483