Hey Guys,
About to start googling it, but thought I would drop an email around first to
see if there are any suggestions.
I have a user requirement to provide a dropdown on new/edit item forms that
allows the user to add a new dropdown option on the fly. I would personally
prefer it to be a choice field, but I understand that perhaps a lookup field
might better suit.
So the point being the user uploads a document, fills out the form up to a
certain dropdown, discovers the dropdown doesnt have the option he/she
requires, is able to add the option to the dropdown and select it, and continue
completing the form.
OOTB with choice and lookup they would have to close the form, go and add the
new option to the choice field or the source list, then edit the uploaded
documents properties and set the metadata.
I know I could achieve this with Managed Metadata and an open termset, but I
dont really want to create a termset for all the dropdowns.
So, any suggestions?
Cheers,
Nigel