Les, one of my colleagues must be one of the few living people on earth who
has managed to decrypt the open office SDK and has written library code that
creates documents directly. It's all written in C++ so unfortunately it
can't be used on the SL client side. There is nowhere to save the generated
file anyway except for isolated storage (buried deep in the file system
somewhere). OR... can DL apps write to My Documents? I forget.

Perhaps the idea of creating the documents on the server and placing them in
a public web folder has merit. Then I must wonder if it's possible to have a
hyperlink in an SL app that can open a URL just like an <a> tag does, I'll
bet that's forbidden as well but I'll run a search on it.

Greg