HI Aaron,

        Your documentation point I think is crucial.

        Adoption will depend on how quickly/easily/cleanly a developer can
incorporate P5ee modules.

        Java has the javadoc utility to generate HTML docs from Java
source which lets the developer walk the inheritance hierarchy - this
is a great way of getting a 'feel' for the OO design. It also makes classes
'look' the same.

        I noticed that the p5ee::Blue pages have javadoc-esque
documentation - for me this is a great leap forward to combining
individual CPAN modules into cohesive packages.

        Ideally developers should click through their p5ee package
documentation before resorting to CPAN.

        But the documentation system should be more ambitious than Javadoc.

        It should do more than just let a developer browse the
documentation, and make things looks cohesive - it should help 'enforce'
it.

        I hear screams of .... TMTOWTDI ... but read on ...

        Can I humbly suggest, for a module/class/package to bear the P5EE
mark it must be first 'compiled' with the documentation generator.

        It should also encourage/enforce:

        1. p5ee naming conventions
        2. p5ee syntax style
        3. a module is not P5EE 'certified' unless it compiles into peedoc
        4. auto generated PDF documentation (for boardroom consumption)
      * 5. be used in conjunction with a web-based IDE (for code
           editing, browsing, testing, publishing packages to/from
           p5ee.org, cvs)

        The p5ee documentation 'compiler' could be released in versions
.... with the initial versions being very 'lite' - and then gradually
asserting the values/tenets of the P5EE mark - as adoption takes off
(fingers crossed).

        The web-based IDE could be a 'flagship' P5EE product - that
everyone gets by default when they download - also a great place for new
developers to dip their toes in.

        What do you think?

NIgel

p.s. tabs can work in <textarea>s