Quoting Stephen Adkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> developing a javadoc-like documentation system I called "perldocs".
> I was trying to integrate Stas Bekman's DocSet system,

I am not familiar with DocSet, but after brief scan of docs it looks
like it uses standard POD syntax and just generates different output formats.

We just found Pdoc (for Perl doc) on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdoc

bioperl project uses Pdoc: to publish source code, and it looks cool:
http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.0.2/

Pdoc uses enhanced POD syntax, but is able to generate
more structured docs for modules, comparing with plain POD.
And publishes also (linked and colorized) source code
of methods (which you may not want, and maybe can be disabled).

I am not sure if Pdoc is able to export in PDF and other formats.
It's quite possible that not - hyperlinks are very smartly used,
so plain PDF will be not much useful.
I might be wrong and Pdoc might be able to output also PDF... ;-)

BTW, it's quite possible that bioperl is biggest perl OS project,
which may (or may not) be of interest here in p5ee.
What could be of interest: bioinformatics skills
with bioperl/biojava might land you a job -
some bioinfo companies are still hiring. ;-)

Also, bioperl is being developed in sync with biojava.
I have no idea if biojava is J2EE,
quite possibly it's just stupid me talking nonsense
about J2EE and biojava in same sentence... ;-)

Just my $0.02. And see my disclaimer... ;-)
--
Peter Masiar, [EMAIL PROTECTED], (203) 764-8131
I am not a lawyer. My ideas are solely mine, are NOT binding for University.