Hi all,

as it's getting quiet on here, I thought I tell about some new experiences I've been having lately. While I've solved/improved some of the (perl/mod_perl) issues I mentioned before, I have been quite active with java lately. So far, I like it a lot. I've been doing some stuff with J2EE/JBoss/JBossMQ, and it does offer a lot "out of the box" as far as my needs go.

I'm actually thinking about replacing 2 components in my system with an EJB app. that handles message in- and output. It allows me to throttle and queue. On the backend, there'll still be the perl application server where the logic takes place. I can start out with a freebie JBossMQ implementation and put in something like SwiftMQ when I need to handle more load or need other features.

One nice side effect is that java's OO is more strict. In the perl world, I always need to enforce this, not just to freelance programmers that I occassionally hire, but also on myself now and then.

Just thought I'd mention it ;)

Regards,

Bas.