HI Bas,

        It's interesting to hear you've had positive Java experiences. I
must admit every time I've used Java it has let me down speed wise. On two
occasions I've rewritten large tracts of Perl code in Java to find it ran
much slower ... I've returned to Perl each time.

        I must admit programming in Java feels more like using 'Lego'
whereas Perl feels more fluid ... but Java is gaining more and more Lego
blocks all the time ... so I may give it a third try - I wonder if Perl 6
will be able to catch up?

NIge

--
Nigel Hamilton