Aaron Trevena wrote:
I was also thinking of putting together a diagram / chart of different
possible architectures suitable for an enterprise web application..

stuff like Tangram / Pixie / Class::DBI providing object persistance

engines like OpenFrame and ENGINE::MVC powering the core of the
application server

that kind of stuff

Good idea. Many people get lost in the expanse of CPAN and end up not realizing how much value they could be getting from it. I'm giving a talk at the O'Reilly Perl conference this year on O/R database tools like Tangram, Class::DBI, etc. Tools for structuring applications, like CGI::Application, OpenFrame, etc. have not received a solid comparison yet.

- Perrin