> Tomorrow is the last day to register for YAPC::NA and get in
> on the group block at the hotel.

I am attempting to renegotiate this with the hotel.  I have high hopes that this
will be successful, but as of right now, the end of this week is the deadline.
That doesn't mean that the rooms will disappear entirely - only that they will
no longer be pre-reserved for YAPC attendees.  However, I expect public-at-large
people will be quite aggressive going after rooms at this facility, so they
won't last long.  (1/2 life of maybe 4 days?)

> I wasn't planning on going.
>
> However, if there were enough people on this list who are
> going who would like to jump-start the P5EE effort with a
> BOF (Bird of a Feather) discussion there, I would consider
> going.
>
>  * Is anyone going?

I am.  (Somewhat obviously.)

>  * Do you believe that a conversation (maybe one evening
>    after the conference activities) on P5EE would be
>    valuable?

I might recommend something on Sunday.  We have many evening activities planned
for the conference.  (Or, the BOF could be held on the cruise boat where the
Tuesday night banquet will be held.  P5EE people could just sort of gang up all
in the same place and talk before or after dinner is served.)

> P.S. As someone who advocates Perl for enterprise software
> uses and encounters skepticism regularly, I still believe
> in this project.  However, we need to build a community in
> order for it to be successful.

When the schedule was programmed it seemed to me like there were a few talks
that were P5EE-ish:  See "Perl DateTime Project" and "Managing Email with Perl",
3:15pm onwards in the Giovanni room.
http://yapc.org/America/schedule-2005/day2.html  It's not obvious, but if you
click on the talk titles you'll get descriptions of the talks.

I grouped these two together one after the other as a kind of thematic nod to
P5EE.

Between the efforts described in those talks and Damian's upcoming "Perl Best
Practices" book (to be released late summer / early fall), I feel as though some
slow progress is being made in the general viscinity of P5EE.

Cheers,
Richard