Em Qui, 2005-08-18 às 19:19 -0300, Daniel Ruoso escreveu:
> It seems to be dealing with the exact same problem I'd like to deal
> with Oak2

Well,

this is a data dump of my brain at this moment... :)

* The application is distributed among nodes.
* Each node can see any object (remote or local, in a transparent way)
* Use of UDDI servers to see where is what
* A GUI client *is* an application node, and can provide services itself
(in a store, the manager's node can ask the operator's node for an
information)
* So is a Web client.
* So is a server that is just providing services for the gui and web
clients (or for other server nodes).
* The information can be spreaded (this is more usefull for e-gov
environments, as we don't want to control the citizens, but the gov
actions...)
* Distributed transactions over different nodes.
* SOAP over SSL, using the SSL keys to certify nodes. (I mean, having a
SSL private key for each node, so you can know if that message was sent
by that node. Also allowing setting trust levels for the keys, so it's
possible to treat differently a server in a datacenter and a desktop
machine.)
* Definition of a business flow using events generated by objects. The
listeners for that events can be dinamically attached. (For instance, if
I have a purchase order confirmed, the finances dept should be notified
about it's value, but I could just disable it, if the finances dept is
not using the system yet (during the transition from an old system), or
change to the code that integrates with other legacy systems, or even
having a different way of dealing with this information)
* Meta-data for entities relationships, so new relationships can be
defined dinamically. This meta-data defines which type of object would
handle it's data when other node is looking at it (a GUI node, for
instance). (A account payable can refer to a Supplier, to an Employee or
to the Investors, but its logic is the same in all cases).

What do you think?

daniel

  • Introducing myself Daniel Ruoso
    • What I see as a desired environment (Was: Re: Introducin... Daniel Ruoso