Ben,

I'll take this opportunity to correct your response.

Tam Hanna copied my original story about the Aceeca handhelds from my
posting to the Palm Entrepreneur's Forum (PEF) mailing list, without my
permission or attribution.  Other news outlets copied from Hanna's posting.
PIC posted an article quoting Hanna's posting, even though I sent an
original copy to PIC, but when I asked them about it, they recognized their
mistake and modified their story accordingly:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/6631/aceeca-readying-new-palm-os-garnet-handhelds/

I don't really care that Hanna copied what I wrote, but I do care enough to
set the record straight here.  The goal of my posting was to get the word
out about the new Garnet-powered handhelds coming, so that is the important
thing in my view.  [Would I have posted someone else's story without
attribution?  Of course not.]

Responding to Edward's questions about why this information doesn't come
direct from Aceeca or why it doesn't show up on their website, that is
definitely a valid question.

It took me months of back and forth with the Aceeca CEO to get permission to
release the information I did.  To make a long story shorter, they
originally announced the MEZ1500 with CE in the fall of 2007.  Their
hardware design had some problems, and so they took a lot of flak for
announcing the product before it was ready.  It's been a long road to get
that product to market, and they've now swung the other way (in my opinion)
in waiting too long before announcing that it is ready and that they have
other new handhelds almost ready as well.  I don't think you'll see an
announcement about the new devices on the Aceeca website until the day it is
added to their online store.

Alex Topschij, Aceeca CEO, did in fact post a couple responses in the
comments section of the (copied) story on Engadget, but you have to hunt for
them pretty hard.

Regarding your ALP question, I doubt you will see ALP offered on the Aceeca
devices.

One other exciting tidbit about PalmOS Garnet on the Aceeca MEZ1500 and
PDA32: Aceeca has full OS source code and authorization from ACCESS to make
whatever changes they see fit to improve the OS.

Regards,

--
David Thacker
http://www.SatelliteForms.net