> Could this be a variation on the old limit on # of files in the root
> directory we used to encounter in MS-DOS daze?
Sure, as the SD cards are formatted with FAT in the very most cases. :-P

Presumably there are functions to access the SD card at sector level, as there
has to be a driver. But I never looked for them nor do I have any experience.
Anyway, the FAT system is quite simpel, and with some research you might be
able to write a repair routine.

Hm, I never looked for a stand-alone repair tool running on PalmOS; there
might be one out there...

Bodo