We used to use the serial cradles for network access. I haven't done
this since USB ports.

We'd enable a PPP bridge service on the PC serial port (standard on
NT/XP pro), configure the Palm NetLib to communicate via PPP over the
serial port, and place the device in the cradle. The Palm <-> PC PPP
protocol would connect and the PC would bridge the Palm device to
whatever networks the PC had available.

You can probably do the same thing using USB or Bluetooth, with the
appropriate incantations.

We'd also do that with the emulator. We'd set up one PC serial port a
to be the PPP bridge, and a second (on the same PC) to be the emulator
cradle port. Then we'd connect the two ports with a cable and do the
PPP thing as usual. The value was that the emulator was not bypassing
NetLib, so any net enabled apps were tested on actual PalmOS code all
the way down to the physical network. Also gave us a chance to
simulate network bottlenecks, since we could vary the serial port baud
rate between 9600-115K baud.

jeff

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Christopher Stamper
<christopherstam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Jan Slodicka <j...@resco.net> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it's a matter of your prefs setup. (Connections, Network)
>>

> Actually, it's not. Try it... ;-)

[Jeff Loucks, Gig Harbor, WA, USA]