Well, after some thinking I have to bring down that you are right and it can't
be done without 3rd party PP driver. Actually I used to connect from the
simulator or using BT and that's way I thought at first it should be similar.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christopher Stamper
  To: Palm Developer Forum
  Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 1:06 AM
  Subject: Re: Querying the Web from the Palm to check for updates

  On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Jeff Loucks <jhlou...@gmail.com> wrote:

    We'd enable a PPP bridge service on the PC serial port (standard on
    NT/XP pro), configure the Palm NetLib to communicate via PPP over the
    serial port, and place the device in the cradle. The Palm <-> PC PPP
    protocol would connect and the PC would bridge the Palm device to
    whatever networks the PC had available.

    You can probably do the same thing using USB or Bluetooth, with the
    appropriate incantations.

  And that's where the problem lies. It's been a while, but here's what I
recall that you have to overcome:

  -Find a way to create a 'virtual' serial port, over USB
  -Create the PPP bridge, over the virtual serial port you just created
  -Get Palm OS to connect

  It does work, but it's kind of a pain to get setup. And it's not something
that's going to 'just work', like a conduit would.

  I'd recommend making a conduit (remeber how avantGo used to work?). It's more
standard, and a lot less of a bother. Plus, IIRC you can't sync while the
connection is active; could be an issue for you, I don't know.

  There's software out there (softick, mocha ppp, etc), that will do this for
you; however, it's obviously not redistributable.

  --
  Christopher Stamper

  Email: christopherstam...@gmail.com
  Skype: cdstamper