I am also very interested in moving to Android as I can no longer wait for Palm OS licensed devices like those supposedly coming from Aceeca, and the Janam units are to expensive. GarnetVM may be an option as this thread suggests
http://androidforums.com/android-applications/1905-running-palm-os-based-software-g1.html

but I don't want an emulator (tried StyleTap unsucessfully) and so it is time to bite the bullet, so as Doug asks, a resource would be useful to help pave the way...

Regards

Edward Jones