Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your input on this.  I appreciate it.
Yes, I believe that this Christian station is stronger than our NPR station.
I know this NPR station is in one city, but it has towers in other cities as
well.
I can actually pick up two of the stations, but the one near the Christian
station comes in much better than the other one.
What I don't understand is how I got it on my analog boombox without any
problems, but why I have the bleed in with this Sony.
This Christian station almost has too much power in my opinion.  I say this,
because a friend of mine can sometimes hear it faintly threw her computer
speakers, and she won't even have a radio on.
Who knows how this happens, but it does.  I've witnessed it for myself, when
I've been over there.
I can get the NPR station in some, and I can get the Christian station to
fade out some.  I did this by moving the antenna around.
However, I can still hear it faintly, especially if I record the station.
Which is what I do a lot with NPR.  There's always something on there that I
want to record.
Yes, I think you're right, I definitely need to see how some other boomboxes
will work, when I go to the store.  I hadn't even thought to check that out
when I was there getting the Sony.
I think I'm also going to test out the tape decks, because I want one with a
really good tape deck also.

I've heard of the GE radio you mentioned, and of the C Crane radios as well.
I'm not very familiar with either, but I have always been interested in
owning one of those C Crane radios.  However, I can't really afford them.
I want something with a good tape deck in it.  A decent CD player in it,
that can play mp3 CD's, and CDR's, and that's about it.
I want it to get really good FM reception, the best possible.  And AM
reception would be nice as well, though that's not as big a concern, because
we don't have a lot of AM stations around here.
I don't know if I'll find a boombox that I'm absolutely pleased with, as I
really did like my analog one.  But I'll be happy with one that is almost
close to what I'm looking for.
By the way, do those GE radios still exist?
I was thinking that they had been discontinued.  I had thought that I've
seen discussion about those, on this list before, but maybe not.
Thanks again for your thoughts, and help.
Terri