Hi Dave
Why not give Oddcast a try. It seems to perform just as good as, if not
better than Shoutcast, and the developer *actually* pays attention to
reports he gets and will fix problems that blind users are having.

For example, in an earlier version, he says
Version 3.0.11

More Fixed accessibility issues for blind users.
Minimize to tray is now done by clicking the close button on the oddcast
window. Minimize is now restored to it's original functionality of
minimizing to
taskbar (blind users need it).

So that's an earlier version which you probably don't want since more
improvements in accessibility have been made, but it demonstrates the
developer's willingness to help his users who have disabilities. I think
that's awesome!

plus you can encode and archive your streams to mp3, Ogg Vorbis, and the
fantastic AAC plus format!!
You can find out more at
http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv3
and the current version 3.1.5 can be gotten at

http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv3/oddcastv3_winamp_3.1.5.exe

He also has versions for Foobar 2000 and a standalone version that I'm
guessing you would probably use with a program like Station Playlist
Studio, but that's just a guess.
Anyways, with Oddcast, you can access the program from the sys tray, or at
least you should be able to. Hope this helps.