Are you looking for an off the shelf MP3 player or one designed
specifically for the blind? The Victor Stream has been talked about
recently. I think it's by HumanWare, and it was designed especially for
the blind. If that's the one you're talking about, someone else can
provide more information. I don't have one and haven't seen one yet.

If you're looking for a simple off the shelf MP3 player, I don't think
you could do better than the Zen Stone from Creative. It's a small
compact flash  MP3 player that has 1GB of memory. It has no screen and
uses no special software. Therefore, it's easy to use by the blind, and
you can just use Windows Explorer to copy files to it. It also supports
Overdrive, and I would assume NetLibrary and Audible as well.

Another option is Rockbox, which is an open source replacement for the
firmware that runs on an off the shelf MP3 player. Rockbox has some
features that speak menus and folders/files out loud, so although it was
designed for the blind, it can be used by the blind to access an off the
shelf MP3 player. It takes a bit to set up, and not every MP3 player is
supported, but you can learn more at rockbox.org.

Finally, if you're more specific about what you're looking for, I'm sure
you will get more info from this list.

Dane Trethowan wrote:
> Do you want something basic? That is to say, something that just plays
> MP3 files without any thrills or anything like that? Are you able to
> use a CD Player? Well if the answer to these questions is yes and you
> don't have all that much money to spend then the Ipod Shuffle is
> highly recommended.
>
> On 03/12/2007, at 10:59 PM, Joanne wrote:
>

>> I would like some info on the MP3 player people were talking about
>> that can be used independently by blind people.  If there is a
>> tutorial or any other info please direct me to this, as I am looking
>> for one that I can put my songs on and travel with.  I don't know
>> how many gigs this player holds or much about it at all, so would
>> appreciate any help.
>>
>> Joanne

>> http://www.pc-audio.org

>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]