Bob:

Thanks all over the place.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Logue" <bobca...@telusplanet.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: High quality soundcard with accessible configuration software.

Jim. Are you looking for an audio interface that can track several channels at once? If so the Edirol FA-66 is a nice audio device. The software is only used for setting buffers and latency. Everything else is done on the box with real hardware controls and not one menu.

My only issue with the fa-66 is that it is firewire 400 and I don't know how low the latency can go. My experience is with a friend's system. It sure does sound nice for playback. I don't know how good the mic pre-amps are. You get 4 analog inputs and 2 digital channels totalling six simultaneous tracks. Price is about$400 CDN.

Bob