The same as with many higher quality hifi equipment.  They probably feel if
you are going to invest in their more expensive systems, you should get a
reasonably good sound system to work with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Robert Logue
Sent: 09 December 2009 09:51 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Workable alternatives to Creative

Edirol. by Roland, now sold under the Cakewalk brand.  Several USB and
firewire configurations with all hardware controls are available.  However,
they have no tone controls on the output section.  Would be great if they
had a nice basic eq for room correction.  But, I guess they think you should
use your amp / speakers controls instead.
Bob