That's exactly my point, you're using the software to do all the transfer and you shouldn't have to do that, you shouldn't have to use software to convert the audio format to something standard either and - most of all - you shouldn't have to purchase a memory card reader because of the slow transfer speed of the Victor Reader Streams USB port.

Norma A. Boge wrote:
Dane,

With a card reader and the Companion software, I think transferring files to the VRS is quite easy. I use a PC, so that's probably why it is so, as I'm not sure if the Companion software works on a mac.

I also like the human voice prompts. However, the synthesized voices available for the VRS are, IMHO, better than nothing but not by much. Thank god for Text Aloud.

Norma

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4713 (20091223) __________

http://www.eset.com

--