I'm only one person, if the price is reasonable - say $50.00 up to $100 - and
the feature set is rich then I'll certainly consider what Humanware has to
offer, I don't think the Victor Reader Stream is an expensive machine given
what it does and its design but what does annoy me somewhat is that its a LINUX
machine and much of the Stream has been sourced from "Open Source" projects, in
effect this means that not much software development was required.

Now I'll make myself clearer, I'm sure Humanware aren't the first to do this
sort of thing and they won't be the last but they're not - in my view - giving
enough credit to those who actually did the work <smile>.

On 25/12/2009, at 3:54 AM, Michael D. Barber wrote:

> Well, since the advent of the Booksense, I believe several people bought
> those when they first came out, and I think when they have RFB&D support for
> real after the first of the year, this will help their sales.  I think
> what's going to hurt Humanware will be when they start charging for some of
> the newer features of the Stream.  This will turn people off.

> pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

******************************

Dane Trethowan
>From Melton Victoria Australia