Hello Christopher and list: Yes..that's what I'm getting at (if the machine is on.._+_but idle_..it's supposed to shut off in thirty minutes. Apparently, (if I did, in fact, forget to turn it off the other night)..it didn't shut off..thus..yesterday, I only had an hour's worth of power! I can live with it as I have a feeling there aren't that many players out there; I'll just need to make sure I have the machine turned off when I'm finished! Tom Kaufman