Hello, especially if you're running SF with Jim's extra scripts for Jaws, you'll still be enjoying great functionality. I believe that version 8 was the first one to introduce the shuttle controls, which run the audio file at a faster speed, which is different from Jim's scrubbing function. I use the SF function extensively, most when I'm near a point I want to mark, and I want to move back half a second and stop. I use the audio itself to gauge this. Anyhow, there are many features which have been added since Sound Forge version seven, but I just can't remember all of them. I've been a user of SF since version 4.5. I believe I even heard of another user who has been using version 6 on Windows 7, so you may decide to stay at that version. I'd personally upgrade to be current though, if you can manage it. Matthew