Hi!

I know someone in the U.K who just purchased one of these recorders, think he
got it from Amazon but there are other places according to him so by the sounds
of it they're readily available.  I'm in Australia and I've owned one of these
nifty recorders for nearly 3 months now as the list would no doubt be aware as
I've written about it often enough both on this list and on my blog.

Now please forgive me as I'm not sure I understood the second part of your
question correctly so here's how I interpreted it along with my answer.

You asked if the Zoom H1 can be used as a microphone or line input for a
computer, in other words you're asking if the Zoom H1 can be used as a sound
device for your computer? At this time the answer's no which is a shame as it
would be damn nice though Zoom could if they wanted to "upgrade" the software
to allow this to happen as all the hardware's there.

The H1 itself will accept both line-in and microphone sources through the
"Input" socket, some adjustments may need to be made to the "Input Gain" but
that's easily done.