Hi, is anyone doing this ripping their dvds or blueray movies to mkv files?
They play very nice with the vlc media player.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of chris hallsworth
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:06 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: DVD Audio Extractor

Hello all.
Well, I cannot highly recommend the program listed in the subject
enough! Here was my scenario.
I wanted to watch a DVD, Toy Story 3, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. The
DVD has audio description. Anyway, I tried playing it with Media Player
Classic Home Cinema, a DVD and general media player that comes with the
Combined Community Codec pack. Well I couldn't get as far as the menu
could I! Plus, the menu system of the application completely
disappeared! So next I tried VLC Media Player. This was slightly better
in that I could get at least the first chapter of the DVD played. But
when it moved onto the next chapter it repeated the first one! So
finally, I tried to play it with DVD Audio Extractor. It worked a treat!
The entire DVD played fine with absolutely no problems!
So my recommendation for a fully accessible, easy to use DVD player,
which also happens to extract audio, is DVD Audio Extractor,
www.castudio.org. Unless there is another similar DVD player out there
that is just as fully accessible and easy to use, I might consider
purchasing the program!
Hope you like my recommendation, and happy viewing!
--

Christopher H