This is probably stating the obvious, but be sure to turn up the volume some on
your TV to overcome any residual
hum that is a part of the TV's circuitry.  If you run your headphones at
relatively low volume, you may not hear
the hum, but when that same signal is fed through another amplifier and played
back at a higher volume, hum can
become evident.  However, that would be too easy a fix.

Also check where your cable is routed.  Sometimes if a cable is too close to
another power supply, even an AC
adapter, hum can be introduced.

Finally, the cause is most likely the hardest to fix, that being a ground loop.
 This is especially likely if your
TV is connected to cable TV.  It can be further complicated if your computer is
connected to a network through an
ethernet connection as well.  Try disconnecting the cable from your TV while it
is on to see if the hum goes away,
realizing, of course, this isn't a viable solution.  If the hum does go away,
you probably have a groundloop.  We
tend to think that "ground" is "ground" and this just isn't the case.  When
devices are connected to ground
through multiple paths that take different routes, those paths can themselves
create what amounts to one turn on a
large coil that can pick up hum.  Sometimes to correct such a problem you have
to actually disconnect a device
from ground or isolate devices.  Let's take a quick possible example.  Let's
say that your computer is connected
to internet by being plugged into a router that is connected to a cable modem.
In addition to normal grounds,
there is a ground on the ethernet cable that connects back to the ground of
your router, that connects to the
ground on your cable modem that connects to the ground or outer shield of the
coaxial cable that goes to a
splitter where the cable splits and goes to your tv.  Now, the ground on your
tv is connected to the audio ground
on your patch cord which connects to the audio ground on your desktop which is
connected to your desktops ground.
We have just described a path that makes a long trip that can be described as a
loop.  If disconnecting the cable
from your TV gets rid of the hum, there are filters that can be placed between
a TV and a cable that allows the
cable's shield to act as a ground for radio and TV signals but not for AC.
This would then break this particular
loop.  Unfortunately, there are other interactions that can cause ground loops
so figuring out how to avoid them
is a pain.

Of course, if you were able to connect your TV to your desktop using bluetooth,
there would be no physical
connection.  This can be done in a number of ways, but the bluetooth sound
might be lower quality.  You also might
consider recording on aa portable audio recorder and then transferring the
results to your computer.  In the end,
you should be able to record directly on your desktop, but depending upon other
factors, the hum may not be so
easy to eliminate.  Maybe, though, you'll be lucky, and turning up the TV's
volume a little will clear up
everything!

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson