Don, that is a coaxial output. you may notice though, that the outside of the jack itself is raised higher on the rim than a regular RCA jack.

the other digital output probably is a Toshiba toslink jack. it usually has a square shape on the outside of it.

If you happen to plug into a video composite jack by mistake, you will get a hum in your amplifier from the video signal.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald.robert...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 12:13 AM
Subject: Digital audio questions

I have two small television sets, each of which has what looks like an R C A jack which is labeled as some sort of audio output. Since it is not analog, just what type of digital audio is it likely to be?

On a similar note, what type of digital audio do my mini disc players use? I know that the recording format is a-track, but is the digital audio sdif or something else?

Thanks for answers.

Don Roberts

---
is active.