Do you think that an iPhone 5S would work with it?

Many thanks! Vicky

-----Original Message----- From: John Gurd
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 11:31 AM
To: PC Audio
Subject: Arcam MusicBoost

I got my Arcam MusicBoost a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to write
about it for a while.

First of all the DAC sounds great with the B&W P7s as you might expect. I
mostly listened the music from the Apple Music service so there was a limit
to the definition (256 bitrate). However, it sounds very detailed and
natural with plenty of seperation. As it is a headphone amp as well there is
plenty of volume if necessary and the music has a nice feel of power in
reserve. Bass when present has loads of umph but very well controlled and by
no means overwhelming.

The unit is a hard shell with a velvety feel that is almost slippery. The
fit is very tight for an iPhone 6 and there is no wiggle room at all. I
struggle sometimes to remove the phone from the MusicBoost. You can't pull
it out by the phone's sides even though they can be gripped from about
halfway up. You have to get your fingernails between the bottom edge of the
phone and the unit and it can take more than one attempt. So there is no way
an iPhone 6S should be inserted into it! Well, it can be forced but you'll
never get it back!

There is a tiny button on the bottom front left of the unit and pressing it
in for a few seconds gets it charging the phone. Like a lot of charging
cases it feels light but once united with the iPhone the combined weight is
quite hefty in the hand. I usually keep my phone in a trouser or jeans
pocket but it's too heavy to be comfortable with the case. So I use the
musicBoost when I want to do some undivided listening and it's certainly
handy to have in a bag to breakout it the iPhone needs a charge boost on the
go.

Overall, it sounds fantastic and is great to have but I don't use it all the
time. But if you try to use a 6S with it I think you'll find it will be
permanently attached!

John