I did say third party player did I not? VLC is one yes.

On 6/02/2016 9:53 AM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
Hi!
Why not use vlc for iphone instead.
Sounds great.
/A
On 04 Feb 2016, at 19:25, Dane Trethowan <grtd...@internode.on.net> wrote:

Yep, its really annoying about that short cord, not a deal breaker I know but
annoying all the same and for the very same reason you used for your example.

Yes, as has been suggested one can buy an extension cable but really it is
surprising that B&W didn’t include a longer cable given they give us 2 already
or at lease give us the option of buying a loner cable.

Just to put those in the picture who don’t know the B&W P7 headphones, the
cuffs around the ears attach to the frame magnetically and under the right is where
the cable for the cans can be disconnected or connected at will.

The P7’s come with 2 cables, one to be used with a mobile device and another to
be used with standard equipment such as Hi-Fi systems, portable stereo players
and so on.

The Mobile cable has an in-line controller and microphone as part of it so you
can take incoming calls, control the music and so on.

Have you tried at least playing some lossless content through your P7’s via
your mobile phone? iTunes will handle Lossless M4A I think but for FLAC you’ll
have to get a third party player like oPlayer HD, yep one of those annoying
things about the iPhone but there we are.

Anyhow I can tell you that FLAC along with other lossless content through the P7’s
and a decent DAC sounds superb without a doubt and when you’ve heard that? Well
you’re on your way to discovering HD files, wet your appetite you know <smile>.