There’s a very good reason they’re removing the plug, if they take the plug
away then the phone can be made thinner.

I’m not fazed by such a decision myself as there are work arounds if I really
wanted to use an older pair of headphones.

A Bluetooth adapter might be one way around it or perhaps a dedicated pair of
headphones that run from the dock of the iPhone which sound better than the
analogue phones anyway due to their direct digital design.

Technology  is always changing and those sockets are 50 years old in design at
least, you don’t see iPhones using valves do you? Imagine how big they’d be if
they did.

> On 10 Mar 2016, at 10:03 PM, Brian Olesen <br...@blindkom.dk> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> It's a real shame. We are many, who like the analog style headphones so I'll
> skip this update and stay with 6S.
> Any reason why they're removing the plug? I mean they don't take up much
> space.
>
> Best regards
> Brian

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.