Hi John,
Your findings are interesting. I have not gotten around to actually using
headphones with this little new adapter. I was intrigued, however, when I saw a
post yesterday or the day before from a guy who says he was able to use his EKG
to 40s with the little adapter with great effect. He said they really sounded
good. Those phones typically require an extra  amp to be driven decently. I
have a pair of a KGQ701 phones which are really nice, but if you don't have a
preamp, forget it. So I thought I would try them but haven't done it yet with
the little new adapter. I will be curious to see if I hear the same things that
you did. I really liked the P7 even just with the output from the iPhone 6s.
It's not perfect. But convenience can't be beat. I was hoping that the
experience would be even better with this new phone and it's DAC, being better
than the power straight out of the 6S. I guess I will have to get to it and see
what I think.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone