From: Dane Trethowan
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 3:41 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Echo Tap initial impressions

I think the first thing that struck me about the Echo Tap was how well
it prejects sound about a room given the size of the device which is
smaller than the Amazon Echo itself.

I have the Tap sitting on the kitchen table now where I can clearly hear
it even at very low volume, I'm in the lounge area which goes through to
the kitchen.

The first thing I did with Tap was to take it outside to enjoy the
sunshine and listen to the BBC Radio 4 Midnight news.

I would stress that this device - whilst not the best for music - does
the spoken word proud indeed! clearly audible and understandable.

By all means, listen to your music on the go with Tap but its nothing
compared to other systems around and neither we should expect it to be
at the price paid for a Tap.

I'd be most interested to hear comments from other Tap users.

I intend to use the Tap mainly for listening to Talking Books and Radio
though of course! there's no reason why I can't use it for much much
more with Alexa.

I haven't seen any mention of the Hands Free update we've been
discussing yet so perhaps its not available everywhere at this time.