My gf has been notified when my echo dots get an update. I have not heard it
myself yet, when I first got my echo dots it did say they were receiving an
update.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2017 7:59 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Echo Tap initial impressions

Yep good question and I'm not exactly sure of the answer either.

One thing I can certainly tell you is that updates are downloaded
automatically but I don't think you're notified when your device is
updating or has updated.

I'm sure I've seen an Update Firmware link on the Amazon Echo home page
somewhere too.