Hi all

Firstly I know nothing about mac computers and do not have one.  I am asking
this on behalf of a friend who has one.

He bought a mac mini a few days ago.  Apparently there are two 3.5 mm
sockets on this machine.  One is an output and one an input.   The output is
enough to drive a pair of headphones but the input seems to only be line in.
His question is whether it is possible to switch between line in and
microphone input like most windows sound devices.  Or is this socket line in
only?  He is trying to use a headset that he already has.  The sound comes
out fine on the output side but of course the input is completely dead.

Regards

André