From: pca [mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On Behalf Of Martin Paul
Sent: lundi 30 mars 2015 11:08
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] Problem to download news patches

Hi Olvier,

> During this last night, my script has correctly works without problem of
> "Unknown Error". So I think also that's a problem with authentication on the
> Oarcle site.

Ok, that sounds fine.

> But I have this other message :
>
> Looking for 800184-03 (1267/1267)
> -------- Download Summary: 1267 total, 0 successful, 1203 skipped, 64
> failed

All of the 64 failed patches are marked with "NOT FOUND IN CROSS REFERENCE
FILE!" in PCA's output. Usually, if a patch is not in patchdiag.xref, you can't
download it from Oracle.

Did you by chance try to download patches with "pca -d all"? Most probably you
want "missing" instead of "all", because "all" also includes already installed
patches. There are pre-installed patches in Solaris 10 update releases which
are never published by Oracle, so you can't (and don't need to) download them.

hth,
Martin.