Derek Holzer wrote:
Howdy,

IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

thanks for the plentiful use of ;-) to peace my mind...

OOOHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM.........

if i understand hans correctly, he is planning to remove all the "loaded by default" anyhow (which i think is not a bad thing).

This doesn't give me any peace of mind at all. What a terrible idea! But I guess most people in free software really can't get over the idea of spending all day compiling and configuring their applications before they can enjoy using them ;-)

do not confuse "loaded by default" with "included/compiled/available".
mrpeach's objects _are_ available in any Pd-extended for ages.
they are just not added to the path.

alternatively: i guess the tutorials are not self-contained (e.g. you can expect the user to already having read the other tutorial where they are tought to connect objects), so you can also schedule the "library loading tutorial" before the OSC tutorial.

Actually the tutorials *should* be as self-encapsulated as possible, so

but still there are basics that have to be covered.
you don't explain how to install Pd-extended in the OSC-tutorial (yo udo that in the installation-tutorial).

(but then i see that you _do_ explain the concept of hot&cold inlets in the "step sequencer" tutorial...hmm)

that they can be "remixed" between different manuals to make your own custom one. So stuff like "import" and "declare" etc etc would have to be explained in-line, just in case someone wants to make a manual about how to connect two different FLOSS apps via OSC, for example....

hmm, but then isn't this "remix" idea _exactly_ about this: just create a "library loading" tutorial and remix it into the osc-tutorial...

mfsdg.as
IOhannes