Thomas Jeppesen a écrit :
Hi,

The line3 object would be perfect in my situation. The only problem is that it doesn't work in PD Vanilla,
it work with pd vanila, but it's not part of pd vanilla. (i don't use extended)
which is what drives RjDj - only PD extended seems to support the line3 object.
sorry, i missed that you where using rjdj, so you can't use line3.
i really should make an abstraction version of this extern.

Cyrille

Thanks for pointing out the line3 object out to me though!

Cheers,
Thomas :)

cyrille henry wrote:
hello,

i prefer using the line3 object for this.

cyrille

Martin Schied a écrit :
hi,

a very common approach to this is using a function like cosine or an other function which fits your needs. u can still use the vline but instead of directly using it use its output to control the "fade function":

[line]

[* 3.14159]

[cos]

here's a page with a few useful examples of other functions:

http://codeplea.com/simple-interpolation

Martin

Thomas Jeppesen wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm working on a patch (rjdj scene) where I'm moving a little object around on a plane. The object is been given random coordinates which it is supposed to gradually move to in five seconds.

Right now my solution is to bang the x- and y-coordinates into a line-object which works fine, but I'd prefer for the movement to be more "natural". By natural I mean that the object accelerates in the beginning and then decellerates near the end until it comes to a full stop at the exact coordinates that where randomly produced..

I've been trying to get my head around a solution for quite a while now, but unfortunately no luck so far.

I'm sure this must be simple stuff for some of you PD-geniuses out there, and I'm hoping that one of you will stand up and show me how it's done :)

Thanks in advance,
Thomas :)