Chris B writes:

>From what I've heard about LX's, this isn't a bad idea.  For some reason,
>LX's and MX's seem to have more problems than most Pentax bodies, though
>I'm sure there are the usual exceptions that prove the rule.  :)

I have two MX's, both black. One was bought new in 1980 (one of a pair),
the other used in 1997. The 21 year-old has not had a thing touched in
all that time. Neither has it been serviced, nor the shutter re-timed. It
gets reasonable useage, and the black has worn in the usual areas to
reveal a lovely brass-coloured finish underneath. If the MX was to be
used in the film 'Star Wars', this is how the props dept would have
prepared it!

The winder attached to it was bought in 1981 and I have had it to bits
and repaired it three times, once when it was bashed and the plastic
cracked on the grip top-cover. Very recently, a wire detached and I
resoldered it while I was making mods to the plastic spacer that is
attached to the grip - it keeps grip and camera apart, but is too small
and when grasped by my neanderthal hands, pulls the grip towards the
camera, causing the whole bottom plate of the camera to flex - I
fabricated a new one, slightly larger.

Of course, now I've written this, the damn thing will fall to pieces when
I pick it up next...

Cheers,

Cotty

PS Don't forget I'm looking for a Motor Drive MX - anywhere - reward if
found!

Cotty's MacAds - free UK Macintosh classified ads at www.macads.co.uk
Adverts to [EMAIL PROTECTED] / all  other  abuse to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.