Despite my having fun recently with my most "modern" camera, a PZ-1, and a few autofocus lenses, I always have to go back to one of the older bodies after a little while (or have a black-and-white roll going at the same time in an older body).

Of my older cameras, the MX, Spotmatic, and the ESII are my most used and are truly a joy to use. I would miss them far more than the PZ-1 if I had to choose.

Joe

P.S. What is it about the ESII that makes it such a delight? I've made some really nice photos and have had a lot of fun with it in the past year -- despite its big and somewhat clunky size and generous weight!

 > If Pentax...would
 have applied advances in autofocus, image
 stabilization...how many of you would
 be still shooting with Pentax (a majority brand)? Or
 would you be shooting Canon FD and poking jealous fun
 at Pentax snobs <G>?

Hah! Great point.

Canon is so good at being Canon, nobody else has to be Canon....

So let me ask a hypothetical question here. Asked of everyone. IF you have
to choose between EITHER the older, metal bodied, manual focus Pentax family
(Spotmatics, M series, A series, up to LX) ***OR*** the
polycarbonate-bodied, AF Pentax family (P series, ZX series, up to
MZ-S)--and you couldn't mix and match and you couldn't use both--which would
it be?

I guess since my main Pentax is an ESII you know which way I lean.

--Mike