I picked up one a few months ago.   I've  used in the field (mostly with
digital cam) to handle special lighting requirements with reasonable success.
I've also used it with my SLRs for general work with only moderate success,   I
need to work with it a bit more to work out how to best work with its fixed
output capability.  I have a better luck  using vivitar flashes with SL-2
trigger because I of the  better control of the flash output.  Unfortunately,
this combo is too big for my prime field pack.

Otis Wright.