On 29 Jan 2003 at 11:58, Andre Langevin wrote:

 >I read somewhere just this week about a DIY replacement for a motor drive
 >nicad pack.  Can someone repost that link?
 >
 >Also are new nicad packs available? If so anyone know the cost?

 I just ordered 36 batteries to refurbish 3 power packs. They are
 Ni-MH batteries, so don't have any memory effect and give power for a
 longer period of time when charged.  I could probably do the job
 myself following this how-do
Andre,

Have you part numbers for the Ni-MH cells? Any chance of some photos? :-)

Cheers,
The best deal by far is from buying on eBay.  Also their size is fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3111120020&category=2563

Andre