Peter wrote:

> OK so what about this "Flagship" you have been telling
> us about???? I know it is a rumour, but???????
>
> So you think the outcome & success (or lack of) of
> this new DSLR will make or break the appearance of
> this Flagship? I thought this new Pentax "boss" wanted
> to make a camera that most of us "will take to our
> graves"???????

How am I supposed to know? The facts are as follows.
Pentax enginneers have been working on a flagship; at least from back in '96.
Incidentally, I believe many of the recently filed patents like color matrix metering,
IS, USM multi-multi point AF are from this session. This flagship development has
confirmed by various Pentax engineres and Pentax Photokina delegations. It is not
something I have invented.

The Pentax camera division boss has stated in interviews that he wanted to make an "LX
with AF" (note that I don't what this means more than anyone else) and a camera the
owner would want to take to their graves (I interpret this as something that could be
seen as a definitive slr).

I have no idea of these  products will ever see the ligth of day. I guess it depends
on the bean counters. However, Pentax are about to realeas a new generation of cameras
based on a brand new platform. They will also show new "prestigious" products
(whatever that means) in March.

Pål